Tuesday, August 5, 2014

God's timing.


Yesterday, it hit me again how perfect God's timing is.
This past week was the annual Legacy conference at Moody. For those of you who don't know what it is, Legacy is a Christian urban discipleship conference taught by some of the biggest names in Christian hip-hop, along with other well known and respected urban leaders. This was my second year going, and it was TREMENDOUSLY better than my first year.
Last year, I had not had the opportunity to be a leader.  So a lot of the material... Well,  I couldn't apply it.  This year,  however,  that changed and I cannot tell you how grateful I am for that change.  I got to become one of the leaders of some of the greatest high school students ever.  I got to work along side of an organization that is ALL ABOUT discipleship and life on life ministry.  I've learned SOO much this year. 
This year at Legacy, I went to the Life-on-Life track/workshop with Pastor Nick Rivera.  His class,  seriously.... It blew me away..  It was so good, so practical and biblical. I spoke to him after about some decisions I have to make in the future.  He told me,  "At the end of the day,  you have to be obedient to God."
That hit me hard. Although my future plans might not be the most appealing or understood, I truly feel peace with what I feel God calling me to, but I always felt guilty because of the other people and what they thought of it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
As I type this, I find myself in the bottom of a bunk bed, within Lonestar cabin and all of my girls at Urban week at Phantom Ranch- a bunch of churches and organizations from the city of Chicago, that bring their kids to hear the gospel and feel Christ's love for a whole week with the intent of a better, longer, easier intent of discipleship after camp is over.
The leaders/counselors got here on Saturday afternoon, and had a little worship session on Sunday morning. I sat back, closed my eyes, joined and worshipped with these leaders. Listening to all these voices lifting up the name of Christ.. Wow. It just takes my breath away. And knowing that all of us are here to show these kid's true hope, love and life... I texted my mom after this message:
" Man, Mom..
God's timing is.. So perfect.
Straight after Legacy, i get a weeklong opportunity to apply what i learned.
We just had chapel.. And worshipping with all these leaders.. Wow. I could do this the rest of my life. "
When the kids drove down to the Phantom Ranch yesterday (Sunday), all the leaders were waiting with joyful, prayer-filled hearts. Seeing their smiles, just melted my heart. And just talking to them and being around them while they waited to check in..  Like really.. This is the best.
    Today was the first full day of camp, and it was great. I really, REALLY love this. I just feel so incredibly blessed and unworthy to do what I do. The fact that God would use a broken vessel like me, to help touch these lives for Christ... It's mind blowing.
 I hope that those of you who read this can sense how happy I am, and the love I have for these kids.  Chicago teens have it hard when their homes are not only broken, but they live in the murder capital. My prayer is to make this place a safe place, where they sense true love. Not love that comes out of MY human being, but of the love and grace that God has given me.







No comments:

Post a Comment